I was so excited to drive down to Pittsburgh last weekend. I only had about 4 days to spend there, but I made sure to do as much as I possibly could! I'm not even joking when I tell you that I spent my entire 4-days eating, shopping, and drinking coffee. It was absolutely perfect, and I'm already looking forward to going back again soon! I, of course, went to all of my favorites places, and I'm sharing them with you too! Check out the video below and come along exploring with me!
1. THE STRIP: I know... I know. If you're at all familiar with Pittsburgh, or you live there currently you'll probably tell me, "That's such a tourist trap!" That may be true, but tourist attractions become attractions for a reason, and I love that every time I visit The Strip, there's something new to discover. Even in the short year that I lived there, I saw multiple different places open, and who can't be supportive of that!
- Hot Haute Hot: An adorable homewares/furniture store that has a cool retro and vintage feel. Don't forget to check out all their jewelry made by local artists!
- Roxanne's Dried Flowers: This place will make you want to take everything home. Dried flowers sewn into wreaths, potpourri, and plenty of fresh succulents to take home with you!
- Art of Steel Ltd. : This is a compilation of multiple different Pittsburgh artists, selling anything from crystals to old posters. I love this place, and always stop by to pick up a few crystals/geodes when I'm there!
2. SOUTH SIDE: Again, another "touristy" area, but this is one of my favorites! It has all of your favorite stores from Urban Outfitters to H&M. There's also one of the biggest Goodwill's I've ever seen, and it's a good one too!
Can't Miss Stop:
-Haufbrauhaus. Seriously, trust me when I tell you to get the german nachos. They are amazing, and the pretzels are dangerously addicting! With the building set right along the river, you can enjoy a drink on their patio while watching the freighters float by.
3. UPTOWN MT. LEBANON: Fine, maybe I'm a little partial to this place because I lived right down the street, but Mt. Lebanon has some killer restaurants that anyone would enjoy. I wont name them all, but trust me when I tell you that all of them are good.
- IL Pizzaiolo: This place makes a killer brick oven pizza, and they are dog friendly on their patio. Can't beat it during the summer!
- Thai Touch: You absolutely must get the fried dumplings. You'll want about 7 servings they are so good!
- The Saloon: This is exactly as it sounds.... a hole in the wall bar. BUT, it's got a good atmosphere and was one of our favorite go-to's when we first moved to Mt. Lebanon. Their wings are delicious, and don't forget to check out their rooftop bar for an amazing sunset!
Check out my adventure below and let me know your favorite must-see Pittsburgh stops!