Bleached sheets. Bleached clothing. Bleached towels. Bleached pillow cases.....
The list goes on, but this was my experience growing up trying to tame my pubescent acne prone skin. I used a very well known, celebrity promoted skin care system for years, hoping my skin would get better.
The problem? This product literally BLEACHED my clothing and anything else it came into contact with. What do you think it was doing to my skin!?!?!?!? Not to mention, you could smell the crap from a mile away. Nothing like telling your teenage crush "Oh, yeah... thats just my pimple cream. NBD"
A few years ago I decided I needed to make a major change and become more conscious of what I was putting in and ON my body. After using such harsh chemicals to clear my acne, my skin was dry and damaged. Some days I would need to reapply moisturizer half way through the day, and my makeup would basically flake off because of the lack of moisture.
Two years ago I came across an article on Pinterest, which explains the Oil Cleansing Method. I was skeptical, because the main ingredient was olive oil. What?! OLIVE OIL?!?!?!??! But.... if it's good enough to eat, why isn't it good enough for my skin? The answer to that is so simple. You're constantly bombarded by "oil free" this, and "oil free" that. except... you need oil. you NEEEEEED it. Chemistry tells us that Likes dissolves Likes ... aka: Oil dissolves oil, while also providing moisture. Two years later and I'm still using the oil cleansing method. I've moved on to avocado oil, but it's essentially the same thing and my skin is so much better now.
Then BeautyCounter arrived, and I was asked to review this product. This company is pretty amazing. It was born out of this idea that we needed to be more aware of what we are putting on the largest organ of our body... our skin. They have a ban on 1,5000 chemicals found in over the counter beauty products. None of which are banned by the US, despite evidence showing a link between chemicals and many common health issues.
I began using it immediately, and I was very happy with the results. Below I have my opinion and experience with each product individually. I reviewed the BeautyCounter face wash kit, but there are SO many other great products from this company, including MAKE UP!!!!!
- Balancing Face Oil - This is legit my favorite product. It's made with Chamomile, has an amazingly fresh and light scent from the tea leaves, and can be used in place or with your everyday moisturizer. Chamomile is known for it's anti-inflammatory properties, and this stuff saved me after a long day in the sun.
- Rose Water Uplifting Spray - Okay people. Okay.... this is amazing. Its like a toner, but also a makeup setting spray. And, on top of all that, you can give yourself a boost anytime throughout the day and feel a thousand times better. It smells like rose water, and it's down right amazing and worth every.damn.penny.
- Anytime Eye Cream - I recently found out how important eye-cream is, and now I use it daily. It's not just about preventing wrinkles. You need to moisturize your under eyes before applying your make up. This very important step will prevent your under eyes from soaking up all of your under eye make up, and will help keep your makeup in place for longer.
- Nourishing Cream Cleanser - I've tried cleansers in the past that don't seem to really CLEAN your face. This really did a good job. My only complaint is that it didn't do well with removing stubborn makeup like liquid liner or mascara. I usually had to use additional products for this.
- Nourishing Cream Exfoliator - This was my least favorite product, but only because I like my exfoliators to have a little more power. This is great for an everyday exfoliator, and of course, because Beauty Counter is awesome, they're using Jojoba beads which are biodegradable in place of plastic microbeads that are polluting our waters! Yay BeautyCounter!
- Nourishing Day & Night Cream - These moisturizers are really really nice. I unfortunately didn't use a lot of the day cream because I usually use BB/CC cream on days I wear make up. But, the Night Cream was great and I would continue using it!
Order any of these items and more from Jayme Hundley my BeautyCounter Representative!