CHAMBRAY & THRIFTING
This Chambray dress from Ferne Boutique is absolutely perfect for any season. I personally love it with tights since it's a bit short but I also can't wait to rock it with a pair of cute sandals and a tan. Any item I can use during multiple seasons is a win in my book! Need some tips for your next thrifting excursion... read below!
- Go Often - I get a lot of people who ask me how I find so many cute items. You just have to be willing to spend some time there, and you honestly do need to look through everything. This is by far the most important tip.
- Don't Get Discouraged - If you don't find anything one time, don't give up. Things are constantly coming into the stores, so just plan another date for the following week. Sometimes I find nothing, and other days I could get 7-10 pieces in one trip!
- Try On Everything - Even if it's not your size, you should try it on. You'll be amazed at how cute an oversized sweater might be with some leggings. If you like it, throw it in the cart.
- Wash Everything - This is a given, but you don't know who owned that item before you. At least spray some lysol on those shoes or in that hat.
- Try Something New - Go ahead and try on that crazy 80's sweater! Pairing a retro top with some new high waisted jeans can make the perfect look without looking dated.
- Shop The Tag - Most of these stores have a "color of the week." Shop that color tag and you get 50% off that item! You could find some really great pieces for only a few bucks!
- Shop For Friends - I do this a lot, and it makes it even more fun for me to go! I always am sending friends pictures of items that I think they might like. For $5 you could totally make someone's day by getting them a new pair of shorts!
- What You Don't Wear, Get Rid Of - If you haven't worn it, donate it back! Let someone else discover that item and put a great piece to good use!
My Michigan peeps need to get out to Bay City ASAP. Ferne Boutique is amazing, and the clothing is adorable but totally budget friendly. I will probably live in this dress for the rest of spring and summer! If you can't make it all the way to Bay City, check out what she has on line at Style Shack!
A HUGE thanks to Blue Bells & Lipstick for being my stellar photographer today! Go check out her blog because it is to die for!