BEAUTY BUYS FOR A BUDGET
I love makeup, but I'm not one for spending a shit load of money on it. I've belonged to Birchbox/Ipsy, and I've had some great finds from them, but most of the time I find the products to be crazy expensive. Is there anything worse than spending mucho $$$ on a new beauty trend item, only to find out that it looks like absolute crap on you?
Welp, guess I'll just shove that liquid eye liner pen into the back of that drawer, because I came out looking like a raccoon.
If you don't have an Ulta, I'm so sorry. I love it, and it's where I purchase the majority of my makeup. With the coupons and the points you can earn, it makes shopping even more affordable. Below I have the items I use listed with the price and why I love it.
- NYX Matte Bronzer $9 - This is great because it doesn't have any shimmer. I'm sorry but I'm not 15 and it's not the 90's anymore. Enough with the shimmer shit.
- NYX Dark Circle Concealer $6 - I just bought this and it's great for under eye coverage. You don't need much because the orange undertones counterbalance the bluish hues associated with under-eye circles. Don't knock it till you try it!
- NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation $8 - I used to buy foundation and BB cream separately, but I never loved the level of moisture I got from the BB/CC creams. Instead, I started buying this foundation and mixing it with my favorite moisturizer. You can tailor the color and the amount of pigment you want much more easily when you make your own.
- e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer $3 - Guys... this is THREE DOLLARS. Just try it. I've gotten other primers and no joke this is the best one I've ever had. Get to Target, because it's pretty much the only place that carries this brand. If you don't like Target... I don't like you.
- BOO-BOO Cover-Up $20 - This was a Birchbox/ipsy snag. It is one of two products I've actually gone and purchased after trying the sample. It is legit. Too Legit to quit. It will cover anything, it doesn't move, and it doesn't crease. You BARELY need any to cover up those problem areas, so it is well worth the money. Buy on Amazon Prime and get it in two days. Trust me.
- NYX Eyebrow Gel $7 - This is a new one for me, but I really like it. you barely need a pin sized amount to get good coverage, and it comes in 3-4 different shades. Go with a lighter one vs. a dark one if you're unsure.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer $16-$36 - Okay. This is the most expensive item I use. BUT... it is worth it. First, you only need about a pee sized amount. Second, it makes you're pores disappear. If you're not splurging on $100 foundation, then this is a great way to get a smooth effortless look without breaking the bank. If you don't want to drop 36.00, you can get the travel size for 16.00. A little goes a long way! I've been using this sample for months and there's still plenty left.
I highly recommend getting an Ulta card (FREE). You can earn points to use on more expensive items, and they almost always have BOGO 50% off for their NYX make-up. There are ALWAYS coupons out there for $3.50 off of $10 spent, which means you can get most of the above items for dirt cheap if you combine the sale and the coupons together.
Let me know of other budget friendly makeup favorites you have. I'm always in the market to try something new!